Wednesday 19 January 2011

Start or End?

So, is this the start of a great new world where I will consistently blog and start my training for the Nottingham Marathon or is it the end of my lazy days, playing computer games and generally not looking attractive enough to get a girlfriend(which I might add allows me to have a lot of free time to see my friends)? I guess it's both, or neither, one of the two, or somewhere in-between.

The creation of this blog owes a lot to a great friend who has never given up on me, even when I have. She's probably getting so bored of my drunken tributes to her loyalty and friendship that she's been wishing she had given up on me (don't worry, the drunken thanks will have to stop when training starts in earnest). I write this as I browse at her text message saying "Have you run yet? I've just run 4 miles with the other guy I'm training. 3 weeks ago he could only run 15 mins." To say she runs a lot is an understatement, she also claims she's lazy which I really don't believe but then again I think I'm quite lazy yet I've signed up to run a marathon! She's a good writer, much better than me, so if you want to know the very best Yodaisms about running follow Lazy Girl Running, she's certainly not a lazy blogger!

So a little about me. I'm a nice guy of average looks and a bit a beer belly. I used to play football socially at University, I enjoy skiing, I did a little Karate when I was at school and I like playing badminton. I was never the sporty one at school, I came last each year in the cross country runs our school did. I wish I had done more sport when I was younger, but sadly my friends and family were never that sporty. I now work a the BBC as a Studio Director, hence the name of the blog. My shifts are random, this coupled with my Narcolepsy makes getting into a regular exercise pattern very hard for me. Sadly I can't meet up every Tuesday night(for example) to do sports so my health and fitness has suffered. I want to change this, I really do.

If there is one thing that makes me certain that I'll do this marathon it's that I'm stubborn and I always keep my promises even a my own expense. Re keeping up with the blog? Well I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment: