Saturday 16 July 2011

Something stinks

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the delay in getting my second blog out. So the my two loyal readers, sorry. I'd like to be able claim that it was due to my excessive training regime and my manic workload but I'm not sure anyone reading this would let that wash.

Talking about things that do or don't wash provides the perfect segue way to the first thing I want to talk about, smelly clothes. I prefer to run with the sweet smell of lavender and roses, or some equally interesting concoction that those people at Lenor or Comfort come up with. I also like my smell transition for a run to be between nice and clean to the sweet smell of success. But recently lazygirlrunning admitted that she runs in old smelly clothes, eww! I wonder how common this is? It's left me with a dilemma though, do I carry on following my OCD and make sure I clean my running kit before use every time or do I give in to my laziness and grab those smelly shorts and t-shirt for a quick run? You'll have to make regular smell checks of my to find out which one wins.

So how is my training going I hear you say? It's going really well. I'm probably not running as often as I should each week but I've been doing my medium and long runs with my longest run to date being 12.57 miles. If you have some spare time tomorrow you can watch me run(jog/walk) 14 miles from Shepherds Bush to Oxford Circus(No it's not the direct route). The route will be as follows "The Route", which I constructed on the brilliant run mapping website http://www.mapometer.com/, give it a go!

There is a lot more for me to blog about but I don't want to overload you all with one entry. Some of the highlights to come are as follows: Injuries, running gadgets, organised runs I've done so far, running fashion, finding a pace-setter with a nice arse, running on the Southbank while dodging tourists, Hashing, running while carrying a large water pistol and how to make your own running video.

No comments:

Post a Comment